Who am I
Hi everyone!
This blog is still under construction but, to those of you who have found this place — you must be wondering "what the...". Honestly, me too! But I'm here to explain what this is.
Throughout the years within spiritualism and just the general lessons I've learnt in life, I've come to realize many things. I may be 20 years old as of writing but I've gone through a lot from my father going to prison to having to care for a household of 6 individuals at a very young age, to having to navigate life very much alone. That's not something to get sad about, however, but through all of this I've grown resilient and developed a much more in-depth understanding I wish to share.
Whether you're new into Tarot and the works or someone looking for a good read, this space is the place. I'll be uploading my thoughts sporadically... almost like a live diary entry. Some of the things I say can come off really odd. I am aware that I can say many things that may come off odd to some (or many).
To start of this journey I thought I'd introduce myself a bit more.
Hi everyone! My name is actually Sabastien (craaaazy). Those of you who have been clients with me for a while now, or are personally friends with me know that I'm a man from Cape Town, South Africa running my life like a sh*t show. So, why Sabrina Shortcakes? Back in 2020 I was severely bullied in high school. During Covid it became cyber and none of the boys were kind. I was called many things, threatened and had things happen (which we won't discuss on a public platform), and one of the names they'd call me was Sabrina. Around that time I also started getting into 'witchy' ideas. This is where the love for reflective Tarot started to come into play. One of my favorite shows on Netflix, at the time, was The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the teenage witch. Then, came Melanie Martinez's K-12 era. She had a song called Strawberry Shortcake which talked about the objectification of the feminine body. So when you put those three stories together you get this drag persona I created for myself.
Sabrina helped me through a lot and acted as a confidant during a rough time. Her charismatic nature and sass synonymous to Madea was unmatched. I became loved by many and, through all things considered, came out with only a few bruises in comparison to where I am now.
And that's the origin story (in summary) of Sabrina Shortcake.
So what's next?
Honestly, I don't know. When I started Terribly Tarot I had no idea what I was doing. I usually did readings for friends and my mother. When I got introduced to the world of Reddit and had one client ask if she could pay for a reading, I decided to pivot for a second and see what could come of it. That being said, being able to assist people was never for the money but for the love of the game.
I actually have another small business I've been working on which has taken up a lot more of my passions. However, this I cannot fully disclose on a public platform :)
It was lovely talking to you guys tonight! I hope that you all have a good one and don't forget to sign up for newsletters from this blog spot to be reminded of whenever I upload a new article!
Also, you can follow me on all platforms @sabrinshortcakes (i'm not even joking)
Love you all <3
xoxo
Terribly Tarot
Comments
Post a Comment